It’s not always easy to find healthy food when you are in a hurry in this fast paced world. With today’s processed food, many people find themselves eating lots of food yet remain hungry throughout the day. Eating more that you don’t need can cause obesity and other health problems. These are also great dieting tips.
Here is a list of healthy foods that fills you up :
- Oatmeal: Start your day with a hot bowl of oatmeal. To make it interesting, add raisins, fruit or nuts to the bowl. The whole grains in oatmeal will keep you full longer than a hastily eaten breakfast bar.
- Eggs: Believe it or not, eating eggs can keep you full and help you to lose weight as well. Studies have shown that women who eat eggs for breakfast stay fuller longer and also lose a larger percent of weight. So the next time you are tempted to eat a bagel for breakfast, go for a healthy hard boiled egg instead.
- Fruits and Vegetables: These healthy foods contain both fiber and water, keeping your hunger at bay. Bring an apple, orange or banana to work each morning. The next time you have a craving for sweets, blend up a smoothie containing frozen mixed berries, ½ a banana and some almond milk or yogurt. For more fiber, throw in a few fresh spinach leaves. They make your smoothie healthier and you will never know they are there!
- Tuna: Fish contains healthy fat that works at keeping you satiated. The protein in fish such as tuna takes longer to break down than processed food.
- Peanut Butter: A teaspoon of peanut butter generally runs about 35 calories. Add this to slices of apple, banana or a piece of whole wheat toast and you have a snack that is both healthy and filling.
- Soup: Studies have shown that incorporating a healthy, low fat soup in to your diet will help you to lose weight faster. Try a bowl of soup and some celery sticks for lunch instead of a sandwich to keep you fuller longer.