What could be better than waking up on Christmas morning to the smell of something delicious baking in the oven? We used to travel to the mall every year to do a?Cinnabon?tradition, but frankly the crowds just about did us in last year. I?ve decided to create a new tradition and actually bake fresh cinnamon rolls in my own oven. Yum!
This delightful quick and easy cinnamon rolls recipe might be just the thing to make and bake. It?s what I?m doing to treat my family but adding hot chocolate into the mix. I mean, separately as a drink. One thing I absolutely love about this recipe is that I don?t need to make fresh dough and the rolls still taste great. That?s about as easy as it gets.
Ingredients for Easy Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 tube of refrigerated Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
How to Make the Icing
- 1 cup Confectioner?s sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- ? teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of cinnamon
Directions for Baking Cinnamon Rolls
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with greased aluminum foil.
- Unroll crescent rolls and separate into two rectangles.
- Brush melted butter over the two rectangles.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and then sprinkle over the rectangles.
- Roll up the two rectangles separately and then cut the rolls into 1-inch pieces.
- Place the rolls cut side up on the prepared aluminum foil.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the rolls are golden.
- Remove from baking sheet, allow rolls to cool and then drizzle with icing (Directions for icing: Mix together all of the ingredients in a small bowl).
Enjoy your easy cinnamon rolls!