You’ve just stepped out of the salon with your new set of tape in hair extensions. Your stylist has most likely recommended a shampoo and conditioner that will help preserve the quality of your extensions as well as offered a few tips and tricks on keeping your beautiful new hairstyle in tip top shape. It is so important to properly maintain your extensions to protect the longevity and to help your hair to look it’s best. Always use the best top quality of tape in hair extensions like the ones from easihair pro. Professional quality extensions last longer. Below we have listed the top 10 tips to ensure that your extensions are always beautiful, shiny and tangle free.
How to Maintain Tape In Hair Extensions
- Do not shower or excessively sweat for 48 hours AFTER application as the bond needs adequate time to cure.
- Shampoo your hair with the recommended shampoo for hair extensions. Never use shampoo that contains any moisturizing properties.
- Condition the mid-ends of your hair with conditioner. DO NOT apply conditioner directly on the panels as this may cause the panels to slip.
- Never apply any oils or serums near the base of the panel as these products may cause your panels to slip as well.
- Brush, brush, brush! Invest in a good boar bristle styling brush to keep your hair looking shiny and healthy while preventing tangles.
- Apply heat protectant before using any styling products (ex: blow dryer, flat iron, curling iron, etc.).
- Pinch your panels during downtime (ex: watching Netflix, sitting in traffic, etc.), and especially after you have blow-dried your hair.
- Leave a little extra time for styling until you are accustomed to working with the extra length and volume.
- Sleeping with your extensions in pigtails will help preserve the hair quality, and although this is not required, it is highly recommended.
- Sleeping on a silk pillowcase not only feels great but helps prevent your hair from tangling while sleeping.